Thursday, May 17, 2012

Eggplant Potato Pancake Casserole Meal of Food


Snazzy title, right? Well, that's what it is.

Our favorite comedian is Brian Regan, we can't get enough of him. In Epitome of Hyperbole he talks about cooking shows and how unrealistic they are. He says if they wanted to be more realistic they'd say things like, "Come back after the commercial to see me realize I don't have any eggs."

One of those it's-funny-'cause-it's-true things. ;)

Well, I had an extra eggplant that needed to be used before it died and became unusable. I decided to make an eggplant potato pancake and maybe throw some ground beef in there for good measure. It didn't turn out as planned, which is usually how it goes when I try meals for the first time.

Start off heating some oil and/or butter in a large skillet. Brown 1 lb of ground beef [or turkey, whatever you like].





While that business is going on, cut up your eggplant. I had one medium sized eggplant. Do what you want. [Man, I am SO good at teaching recipes!!!]





Now, be annoyed that you've tried uploading this image 5 times and it looks weird in a different way every time. Then give up.





Admire your cute little, yummy little eggplant. Then admire your precious Clementine kitchen aid mixer in the background and decide to get this same shot with Clemmy in focus.




Then shudder when you realize you need to talk a clorox wipe to the outside of Clemmy's bowl. Yikes!!!!!! I guess that's what happens when Clementine sits right next to your sink.


Now, drain the gross grease from your ground beef and set it aside. Throw some minced garlic in the skillet and cook up them eggplant cubes!!




While the eggplant is cooking, become extremely annoyed by trying to figure out which way would be best to cut up your peeled potatoes. I tried grating them first. That didn't work. Then I tried shredding them, I think. That DEFINITELY didn't work. So, then I just chopped them up because by that time the eggplant was cooked enough.





At this point, I took out the eggplant threw in the potato slices and chunks, then the ground beef, then the eggplant again and topped it off with some Parmesan.

Now, you need to panic because the propane ran out. These are problems you have when you live in a camper. But luckily we had a little left in the other tank. Whew!!





Replace propane tank and move forward. :)





Enjoy finished product. It was pretty good but I'll definitely make some adjustments next time. :)




Cheers, ka

::
::
::

No comments:

Post a Comment