Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blessed

I'm not the kind of person who plans out what I'm going to write in my blog posts. At least some of the time. I really do look at this like a semi-public journal. So, forgive the in-formalness of it. Including made up words like in-formalness. Forgive the curse words. I'm honest. Forgive that if it bothers you. I hope this blog helps you to get to know me a little better. I've aways been better at writing than speaking. Which is interesting considering I'm quick with my tongue. Sometimes too quick.

Right now I'm blaring Alabama Shakes in the background and I can't quite think straight because I'm dancing in my seat. Just thought you should know.

Today was a shitty day. People are mean. I fell. Like, I physically fell down. Typically this wouldn't be a big deal because I'm an EXTREMELY clumsy person and I don't embarrass easily. But I had already cried a little this morning and I cut my finger twice and burned another finger. So, I fell down at work - and it was a really embarrassing fall. Why do we let little things like that determine the outcome of our day? When in reality, I'm an extremely blessed person.

Just yesterday I saw God answer a prayer that I've been desperately asking Him to deliver upon for over a year. That's a really big deal. I mean, I expected Him to answer. But being excited and thankful is important, nonetheless.

I've been really overwhelmed with how amazing my husband is lately. Just today I received an email from a friend/mentor/former professor about my amazing husband [this is for a birthday project] that brought me to tears and once again reminded me that I am married to an incredible man. I want to share this with you so you can understand it too. :)

"Please tell Luke that I still think he's really smart because married you and has a lot of sense because he married you and clearly has a lot of character because he married you... wha?!  ;)

Seriously, I've always loved his love for you.  I've loved the way that God has used him to allow you and help you bloom evermore into all the woman God intends you to be.  In this, he is one of the truest husbands of all of the husbands I know, and someone that I hope to be more like in my own dealings with my wife.  I love how he has allowed you to both discover and recognize your beauty and value in ever increasing measure-- again, the marks of an absolute lion of a husband.  

I love his temperment in these things and just as a matter of who he is.  It is a temperment that is peaceable because he knows where his security lies-- in his Lord-- he need not fret because there is nothing anyone can take from him or expose in him that threatens his identity.  Thus, he is able to deal gently with others, with full measure of truth and discernment in play.  It is not a bland mildness-- it is most impressive because he is deeply committed to the truth in his life and for others, but I've never known him to descend to the base, unkind, arrogant or high handed ways of communicating the truth that some fall to.

I know it is too late for the book, but I mean the above, and we miss you guys.  We love you both too.


-David "








Blessed.




Cheers, ka

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet letter about your hubby. :) It's really neat how God puts us with someone to grow and learn from. I can testify to that in my marriage. You two make a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It brought me to tears. He's such an amazing partner and I feel enormously blessed. Thank you sister! And I'm so happy for you and Josh and baby!!! :)

      Delete
  2. My heart smiles for you Kelly Ann. I'm sorry about the shitty day, but I'm so happy that God has given you such a beautiful man to walk along side with in this life.

    -Adrian Monks

    ReplyDelete